If you want a straighter smile, there is more than one way to achieve your goals. Traditional orthodontics, commonly called braces, utilize metal brackets and wires. While braces are certainly effective, many patients desire a less conspicuous treatment. For these patients, Dr. Jeffrey S. Kearney provides Invisalign® at our Cary office. Invisalign® straightens patients' teeth gradually using clear removable aligners. To learn more about this treatment, contact us today.
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® aligners are custom-fitted to each patient's unique smile. Patients switch to a new set of custom aligners every two weeks, each slightly different than the last. The aligners gently move patients' teeth into proper alignment until they reach their last set of aligners. Patients wear their aligners all day and night except while they eat and clean their teeth. Dr. Kearney uses Invisalign® software and imaging to determine how long treatment will take, and to show patients a mockup image of how their teeth will look when treatment is complete.
Dr. Kearney begins your Invisalign® treatment by taking impressions of your teeth. He will then send your impressions to an Invisalign®-approved lab, where a technician will create your series of aligners. During your follow-up visit, Dr. Kearney will fit you with your first aligners and provide you with care information. During regular visits, Dr. Kearney will monitor your progress.
What Are the Benefits?
Choosing Invisalign® to straighten your teeth offers you a wide variety of benefits. If you are unsure whether this is the right treatment option for you, consider the many advantages of Invisalign®:
- Cost is comparable to that of conventional metal braces.
- Aligners are clear and practically undetectable to onlookers.
- Aligners are removable for comfortable eating and easy brushing and flossing.
- This treatment requires fewer dental visits than conventional braces.
- Aligners are comfortable and will not irritate the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Invisalign® is a great treatment option for teens and adults.
Candidates for Invisalign®
Invisalign® can address almost all orthodontic issues that traditional braces can, including crooked teeth, overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite, spacing, crowding, and more. There are several variations of the system, including:
- Traditional Invisalign®: You may be an excellent candidate for this option if you are an adult with alignment issues.
- Invisalign® Teen: This is a great option for teens with alignment issues. With the addition of indicators that track the duration of wear, this system provides an accurate determination of when it is time for the next aligner tray. Teens can also receive extra aligners when a set is lost.
- Invisalign® Express: If you are in need of minor correction focused on aesthetics, you may be a fantastic candidate for this modified version. It costs less than traditional Invisalign®, and offers fast, effective treatment focused on anterior teeth.
Contact Us Today
If you are unhappy with the alignment of your smile, contact us today for a consultation. Dr. Kearney will examine your mouth to discuss whether Invisalign® is the best treatment option for you.